Last night, I was thinking about where this blog is going. One of you wrote and wondered if I'd just bagged my painting for the animals, to which I pointed out that I SAID I was giving the easel a rest for the summer. Truth is, I still don't know. It's a discipline. I've been journaling without fail for the last 15 years and I think this is the next step. What will be the next step beyond this, I still don't know. It's where the chickens are leading me. But ultimately what I'm doing is enjoying my fucking summer. Last summer was, well, awful and cancer-themed. What I'm doing here, for now, is just showing the fuck up.
I have a whole goat rodeo of projects vying for attention in my brain pan. Frankly, painting doesn't figure in there, but I won't eschew it completely, because it's the only thing - so far - that earns me any money.

No comments: